08 Nov 20189th IBFD International Tax Conference
- English and Chinese
- Beijing - China
- 9th IBFD International Tax Conference
NOTE: Due to an overwhelming response to the conference, we have currently closed registrations. However, if you any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 9th IBFD International Tax Conference returns to Beijing where, together with tax professionals from government, academic, corporate and advisory bodies, we will explore Tax Issues of Outbound Investment. The 2018 edition of the conference once again provides a unique platform for discussion and clarification from tax experts, as well as insights from SAT officials.
In recent years, China has steadily increased its outbound investment and tried to realize more economic growth outside of the country. Once a decision to invest has been made, there are tax issues that need to be dealt with, such as what the best tax-effective structures for operations are, and aspects like the financing, intellectual property and tax compliance in the country in which the investment will be carried out. The 9th IBFD International Tax Conference will examine the spectrum of international tax issues related to outbound investment and analyse the key points to consider when confronted with the tax aspects of outbound investment.The conference will not only feature dynamic presentations but IBFD will also celebrate our 80th anniversary.As an independent and not-for-profit leading international tax organization committed to disseminating international tax knowledge, IBFD is pleased to offer free admission to the 9th International Tax Conference.We hope to welcome you all on 8 November 2018 at the Intercontinental Beijing Sanlitun Hotel.Supported by:Current Issues in International Tax Structuring and Tax Planning – The Chinese Outbound Perspective
7-8 November 2018, Beijing China
As a prelude to the 9th IBFD International Tax Conference, we are delighted to offer a 1.5 day intermediate-level course which provides participants with an in-depth understanding of the current discussions relating to Chinese outbound international tax planning. All participants who register for the course will be automatically registered for the conference.
Read more and register for the courseA Chinese/English translation service will be available during the conference and course.
12:30 – 13:00Registration13:00 – 13:15Opening addressJan Maarten Slagter, CEO of IBFD13:15 – 14:15Tax Issues of Outbound InvestmentWith a focus on:
Speakers:Premkumar Baldewsing Principal Research Associate, IBFDMichael Lebovitz, Partner, Mayer Brown14:15 – 15:00Global Tax Developments and ProtectionismWith a focus on:
- general issues related to outbound investment, such as the selection of the legal form and setting up of a workable tax structure;
- “substance” in the wake of BEPS; and
- some insights to the new US tax system in relation to the outbound investment from China.
Speaker:Tizong Liao, Director-General of International Tax Department, SATZhi-Yong Zhang, Member of Board of Trustees of IBFD, Deputy Chairman of China International Tax Research Institute, former Deputy Commissioner of SAT15:00 – 15:30IBFD 80th Anniversary coffee/tea break15:30 – 16:00Dispute Resolution Mechanism
- 40 years China tax reform, policy considerations of international tax rules in China;
- taxation and protectionism;
- China’s position and “Belt and Road Initiative”; and
- further integration of the Chinese tax system into international tax rules and enhancing the dispute resolution mechanism for granting certainty to taxpayers.
With a focus on:
Speaker:Paolo Valerio Barbantini, Deputy Head of Italian Revenue Agency16:00 – 16:30Addressing Tax Challenges and Opportunities of the Digital Economy
- the dispute resolution mechanism in general;
- practice under Italian and other European tax treaties; and
- the pros and cons of arbitration procedures.
With a focus on:
Speaker:Lei Cai, Vice President of JD Group, Treasury/Tax & Business/Finance, Tax & Business Innovation16:30 – 17:00How to Determine the Tax Strategy in the Wake of the BEPS ProjectWith a focus on:
- Development of the digital economy;
- taxation of the digital economy; and
- tax opportunities of the digital economy.
Speaker:Aurelio Massimiano, Tax Partner of Maisto e AssociatiMarco Valdonio, Tax Partner of Maisto e Associati17:00 – 17:15Q & A17:15 – 17:30Closing remarkVictor van Kommer, Director of Tax Services, IBFD
- the use of traditional tax structures;
- how to comply with the new rules, such as substance; and
- features of the new tax strategy after BEPS.
- Premkumar Baldewsing, Principal Research Associate, IBFD
- Paolo Valerio Barbantini, Deputy Head of Italian Revenue Agency
- Lei Cai, Vice President of JD Group, Treasury/Tax & Business/Finance, Tax & Business Innovation
- Dr Tizong Liao, Director-General of International Tax Department, SAT
- Michael Lebovitz, Partner, Mayer Brown
- Aurelio Massimiano, Tax Partner of Maisto e Associati
- Jan Maarten Slagter, CEO of IBFD
- Marco Valdonio, Tax Partner of Maisto e Associati
- Victor van Kommer, Director of Tax Services, IBFD
- Zhiyong Zhang, Member of the Board of Trustees IBFD and former Deputy Commissioner of SAT
The 9th IBFD International Tax Conference is an outstanding platform for your business to grow its market understanding and brand presence in China and around the world.If you would like to enquire about our sponsorship opportunities, please contact:Sorrel Hidding
Head of Marketing
Email: email@example.comSupported by:
The event will be held at:
Intercontinental Beijing Sanlitun Hotel
No. 1 South Sanlitun Road,Chaoyang District,Beijing, China