29 - 31 May 20195th IBFD Africa Tax Symposium
- IBFD attended event, Conference/Seminar
- Stellenbosch - South Africa
- 5th IBFD Africa Tax Symposium
Against the magnificent backdrop of Stellenbosch Mountain and amongst some of the most famous vineyards in the world, we look forward to covering the most discussed tax issues of today.A change from our usual beach setting, the Hotel Spier is located in the Western Cape, conveniently situated approximately 50 km from Cape Town (15 minutes from the airport), and is one of South Africa’s oldest wine farms, steeped in history dating back to 1692.The hottest topics in international taxation will be discussed, such as the impact of the Multilateral Instrument on bilateral tax treaties within Africa, challenges of the digital economy in an African taxation context, transfer pricing and indirect tax challenges in Africa, global exchange of information and tax transparency in the post-BEPS era, and much more.Held over 3 days, the symposium will provide a world-class original programme accompanied by our not-to-be-missed social events. We do expect record numbers, avoid disappointment and please register as soon as possible.A French translation service will be available during the symposium.Un service de traduction simultanée sera mis à disposition des participants pendant le symposium.
Early bird offer!Until 1 March 2019, we are pleased to offer a special rate of ZAR 7,762.50Africa tax authority officials ZAR 5,175Please use this code when registering: ATS2019 early birdExpires 28 February 2019.The regular contribution fee from 1 March 2019 is ZAR 9,056.25. Officials from an African tax authority are entitled to a reduced fee of ZAR 6,037.50. Please send an email to email@example.com to receive your promo code.NOTE: If your company is located in South Africa please provide your VAT identification number when registering.Registration now open: IBFD Masterclass - Managing Risks and Harnessing Opportunities in International Taxation and Transfer Pricing in Africa
27-28 May 2019, Stellenbosch, South Africa
As a prelude to the 5th IBFD Africa Tax Symposium, we are delighted to once again offer a Masterclass focused on the Africa region.
Day 1Session 1 - Recent Developments in International Taxation: A Two-Dimensional Perspective
Session 2 - Revisiting the OECD Multilateral Convention and the Impact of Tax Treaties in Africa
- The UN
- The OECD
Session 3 - Current Issues in International Taxation
- The MLI Thus Far: Policy, Legal and Practical Considerations for Africa
- The Middle East’s Expanding Tax Treaty Network in Africa: Prospects and Challenges
- International Tax Structuring and Planning Post-BEPS
- Global Trends
- An African Perspective
Day 2Session 1 - Transfer PricingTransfer Pricing Post-BEPS: Experiences
Session 2 - Taxation of Service Sector in Africa
- Transfer Pricing: Comparables and the Not-So-Comparable!
- Transfer Pricing: A Case Study
Session 3 - Investing in Africa
- South Africa's Tax Policy, Key Rules and Experiences
- Taxation of Funds in Africa
- VAT on Foreign Suppliers of Electronic Services
- Understanding the African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA)
- China's Investment in Africa
- Tax Incentives and Their Role in Domestic Resource Mobilization
Day 3Session 1 - Taxation in a World of Technology
Session 2 - Tax Enforcement and Transparency in Africa
- Taxing the Digital Economy
- Tax Technology and Tax Administration: Insights
- Industry Impact: Extractives
- Exchange of Information: Africa's Perspective
- Mutual Agreement Procedure under the OECD Inclusive Framework: Experiences in Africa
- Securing Taxpayer Rights
Un service de traduction simultanée sera mis à disposition des participants pendant le symposium.
Symposium prelude:IBFD Masterclass: Managing Risks and Harnessing Opportunities in International Taxation and Transfer Pricing in Africa
27-28 May 2019, Stellenbosch, South Africa
To be announced
The Africa Tax Symposium is an outstanding platform for your business to grow its market understanding and brand presence in Africa.
The symposium takes place at the Hotel Spier, Stellenbosch,South Africa. Confirmed symposium delegates are entitled to special conference rates, subject to availability. Hotel information and rates can be found in the registration form.Spier is one of South Africa’s oldest wine farms, with a recorded history dating back to 1692. Whilst rooted in heritage, there is a vibrant and conscious energy, and it is also home to one of the largest collections of contemporary South African art. The hotel features breathtaking views of the majestic Stellenbosch Mountain, rolling vineyards and free-range livestock.